Saturday, October 20, 2007

What's in a name?

Hello and welcome. Like many of my friends, I have finally decided to join the blogosphere. Partially, as a sort of free therapy, partially as a way to kill time between the not-so-exciting parts of my day, and partially as a way to virtually harass all those I used to harass personally, on a daily basis.

I thought as a first post, I should probably give all you soon-to-be loyal readers (snaps to Lil Kate in advance) some of my background history. I am a scientist. I have my doctorate degree in Pharmacology, and no, that is not code for a drug dealer. Although, I would make hella more money, and get to carry a firearm. I do scientific experiments. Unfortunately, not real *cool* experiments (e.g. monkey head transplants), but that leaves me something to strive towards.. I now live in North Carolina after spending most of my conscious years in Ohio.

So, you may ask (code for: I want to tell you), what is the deal with the title of your blog? Well, to let you in on a little secret, I like Sci Fi. Particularly, the "B-rated" films they release such as Mansquito, Chupacabra, etc. and especially any of these films they make sequels for like Anaconda. Anyway, in keeping with the sci-fi theme, but of *much* higher quality, is the BBC series called "Dr. Who" This has soon become my all time favorite show, and my inspiration. David Tennant, sexy scally. I am a doc trying to figure out exactly who I am and what I want to become...plus I like being enigmatic, so the title works. And to all you loyal Dr. Who fans who found this blog by accident, sorry! But you are in good company.

Until the next time, and I hope you come back for a next time...

6 comments:

LabTech said...

Hi Dr. Who!!! I'm so excited for another time-wasting opportunity. Lil Kate keeps me rather entertainied, as do many others... With all of the crazy antics from my offspring, the jacka#%, and other ridiculously complicated things in my life, maybe I should blog too...like you said - Free Therapy!

confusedpHD said...

Although we all are in the boat for a random-therapy sessions... Inspiration truly comes from those who hold the key to a way out. Dr. Who, the question I want to ask you is how quickly can a person get out of a hellish grad program and is there an ultimate gain from this game?

Dr. Who said...

labtech-

I think a book deal is more in order or perhaps a lifetime movie, but a blog is at least some place to start.

Dr. Who said...

confusedphd-

I would love to tell you intelligence and hard work are *the* keys to a successful and quick PhD. While they are necessary they aren't exactly sufficient. It comes down to perseverance and luck. As for gain, (coughing)there is always patent law.

Lil Kate said...

Snaps to me!!! Yay!!! I'm so honored. :) And now I'm even more impressed with you Dr. Who - not only are you providing youself with a therapeutic outlet, but now you're giving out advice for others in need!

And I think that Labtech better get her ass in gear and start cranking out posts! I know they will be just as hilarious as her oral stories. ;)

Dr. Who said...

What can I say, I am a giver.